Hey-lo everyone :)
Well, today, I'm going to talk about a new kind of joy: Things-to-do lists. I mean, most of us, hate these things. They represent the work which we have to finish, the endless letters which will translate into hours of effort and energy. But, I love them! First of all, it helps me to see everything I have to do in front of me, written down. I don't have to stress about it then, contrary to popular belief. I know that I won't screw up, because it's all right there, so there's no chance of forgetting! Instead of thinking, gosh, I have a million things to do, I can visualize it and see that really, it's only 20 or so things. A lot, but less than a million, and that gives me comfort and consolation.
But even more than that, things-to-do lists bring a sense of enjoyment and passion and relief. With each check mark next to each item comes a small shout of excitement and joy from inside, a feeling of accomplishment and achievement. It's one less thing to do, and one step closer to more sleep. It gives you something to look forward to.
So, thank god for things-to-do lists, and thank to those realtors who mail me those (annoying) pads with lines on them to make it easy to do so. Or, you can go online and use Remember the Milk for short-term and Memo to Me for long-term. Things-to-do lists are like mini-calendars and a fun "game," if you will, to relax.
Ok, so, I'm going to get back to reading Pride and Prejudice and finishing up some integrals for Calculus BC. Have a great Wednesday (it's only Wednesday? This week is going by slow, I'm so tired already...) night!!!!
Routeen
The Teen Routine
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment