Welcome to The Teen Routine and to the first post! I hope that all of you will enjoy this blog, and that we can develop a great collaboration over the future. So, without any further ado, let's get started!
First of all, Happy Valentine's Day / President's Day / Chinese New Year / Olympics Start / NBA All Star weekend! Yes, this weekend has been fun-filled and jam-packed, but while the rest of the world is out there enjoying, I am stuck in a mellow room with faded yellow walls and dull windows. With my A.P. Physics and Calculus book, of course. [sorry to be such a downer]
But, school is always going to be school, and it's boring to talk about my schedule, and my daily happenings. I know that you don't care. In fact, even I don't care anymore. So, let's talk about some other, more interesting stuff!
Parents. Ah, yes, the dreaded topic. You love them but you don't like them. I think that's with most things we truly love. Emphasis on most and truly. Well, they do all this for us, etc. but let's face it: they can really get on our nerves sometimes. Nothing new yet folks, just the regular information that sadly, even our own parents know.
But, you know what's the most annoying part? Not the fact that they embarrass you in public, or the fact that they don't let you have any fun, or the fact that they think your still their little boy or their little girl. It's really the fact that they argue endlessly! I mean we all know they love each other, but the bickering gets annoying after about 30 seconds. And it's pointless "discussions," as my parents put it, too, as they don't accomplish anything, besides the fact that they make up after a couple minutes. or hours. or days.
So, what can we do as teens? Well, I used to care when I was about 13 years old. But now, I have my friendly iPod, Facebook, AIM, and of course, homework, to pass the time. Just ignore it, and after a few moments, it will be over anyways. These ups-and-downs are pretty normal, and although annoying, people tend to get over them. So that's that. As always, you're free to discuss your views, below, openly.
Well, I'm glad that we have the day off tomorrow. But interestingly, I always end up starting and doing my homework at the same time, even with an extra 24 hours. 8 p.m. on the night before school starts. It's sort of a tradition. For example, today, I spent my extra time trying to set up this blog, caught in a YouTube loop of Taylor Swift covers, and timelessly refreshing my facebook page for another red notification. It's true, it happens to the best of us. And here I am, trying to procastinate yet again, so that I can stay true to my year-old tradition of 8 p.m. homework. But this is actually fun and I feel more accomplished.
So I'll be signing off. But before I go, I would highly appreciate it if you could you know, share this with your friends, follow, subscribe, comment, whatever. I know that it's a jungle out there, and it would be great if I could be like Mowgli and have some help along the way!
Have a great Sunday night, and a great rest of the week. I'll talk to you soon again!
RouTeen
The Teen Routine
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment